Do you run your own mail server and are inundated with spam that you can’t control with installed software on your server? Read on to find the best and cheapest solution to rid yourself of spam.
I have been running a postfix server for a while with spamassassin but it’s always been a challenge to keep the spam out, until now. Once I started using MX Guarddog my spam level has went down to zero. In addition to pointing your MX records to their server, make sure you change your firewall so that only the IP addresses from MX Guarddog is allowed in on port 25.
This is how I stop spam mail using MX Guard
It’s easy to configure MX Guard, it only took me a few minutes.
- Step 1 – Click on Start your free trial , and provide your name, e-mail and the domain name to protect
- Step 2 – Click on the link that you receive in your e-mail
- Step 3 – In the dashboard, add additional e-mail addresses to be protected
- Step 4 – Configure your e-mail server (you could use an alternate port other than 25) and test e-mail
- Step 4 – Change the MX record on your domain name registrar’s DNS toolkit (input the information from the Guarddog website)
- Step 5 – Optionally configure your firewall to only allow traffic from the MX Guarddog servers.
Now the highlight of this solution is how cheap it is, if you place a link on your website, you earn tokens which can be redeemed towards paying for the service. You can also purchase tokens and it’s about a quarter per e-mail/month, yes, that’s $0.25!
Welcome to hands-off spam filter!